Wednesday, August 3, 2011

This next review is of "Spiderman, Turn off the Dark", the much awaited Broadway musical. I know I am a movie reviewer, but I'm going to make an exception for this. Let me start off by saying I do not like musicals. When I'm actually into the story, they break into a boring, unimaginative dance number, and then I hate the movie all over again. That is not a problem Spidey has. The songs are incredible, and the dancing is probably the most stunning I've ever seen. Now let's talk about the story. It's everything Spiderman should be. A sad, lonely nerd who must learn the responsibility of fighting crime with his new superpowers. Peter Parker is lovable as both a nerd and a superhero. He's not really a nerd, but a person who lives in a world were being smart is lame, and being a bone-head is successful. We love to see Peter get revenge on his bullies, and win the girl of his dreams. But who really steals the show? The Green Goblin. This is amazing, considering the fact that I don't even like the Green Goblin. He's bland and unimaginative. But now he's a brilliant scientist who's obsessed with mutation and improving the world. His experiments give him super-powers, but also a homicidal brain. He then becomes the power house of the Green Goblin. Now, you all know that the effects are dazzling, and the flying is amazing. They are, but I want to give credit to some people who were better than the effects. They worked hard, and they made the play possible. I give it 10/10. See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment